Formed in 1970, the company has just completed a landmark relocation. Bringing our office and production facility at Allerton and distribution centre at Hillam Road together under one roof at Park View Mills in Wibsey, our new facility will deliver a plethora of operational and organisational efficiencies.
Heritage & the future
We stay true to our textile manufacturing and distribution heritage. However, we are continually looking for process and service improvements. We have established global supply channels, invested in new product development and integrated a range of diverse digital service streams.
The immediate future sees investment in technology, workflows and processes. With a significant investment in new capital equipment, we look for continuous improvement opportunities across the company. This includes new products, technologies and people who can make a difference.
Our products are carefully hand finished by our team of skilled machinists. Many of our staff long-term employees who have evolved with us, learning new skills while adapting to the ever-changing textiles world. Our valued staff embrace the change that is essential to stay ahead of the market. Within the business, we talk about the threads that run through our staff. We call this the Melrose Interiors DNA:
• Continuous improvement mind-set
• Technical competence
• A desire to delight our customers
Wibsey Park Avenue,
T: 01274 491277
Underpinning the business is a talented, committed and highly professional team. The immediate future will see additional demands placed upon our workforce. New equipment, technology, workflows and processes are being introduced. We have no doubt our valued staff are up to the challenge, and will embrace the change that is essential to stay ahead of the market.
Our latest vacancies are listed below. In addition, we are always interested to hear from any individual who feels they have the skills and approach to improve our business.
With Melrose committed to the ongoing utilisation of sewing machine technology, this is a rewarding position within a highly motivated team. As the biggest supplier of rugs to the UK online fulfilment market, we produce finished product to the highest standards.
You must be an experienced machinist who can manage your own workload, work as part of a team, and operate safely and professionally at all times. We are looking for individuals skilled in overlocking and/or whipping of textile product with experience using titan and/or emery type sewing machines.
Technical skills are one thing, but your attitude and application is of equal importance. The sewing team produce consistently high standards of output and quality and have a positive outlook to their work. We are looking for the same traits in new team members.
Job Type: Full-time
This Developer role is focused at the design and coding of system enhancements and new projects. As a business committed to IT, Melrose have established a competitive edge through a lean approach to systems development and solutions, staying ahead of a demanding market.
Working within a small team, you will fully contribute to shaping the IT strategy for the business, see the impact of your work on our trading and fulfilment performance and gain extensive exposure to our user base and external customers.
Ideally from a full life-cycle systems development background, you will have the following:
• Experience developing in C# or VB.Net and Entity Framework
• Strong eye for detail and structured approach to coding
• Exposure to VisualStudio 2015 onwards and/or SQL*Server 2016
• Good written English and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MSOffice
• Multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise and deliver critical pieces of work
• Proven experience performing integration and system testing to specifications
• Ability to produce technical documentation, flow charts and code comments/reviews
• Be self-motivated and able to take on new challenges
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To ensure product is loaded, unloaded, relocated, picked, packed or baled as trained. To ensure their work within the operation helps to maintain the quality, standards and performance required to meet personal and Company KPIs and supplier/customer requirements.
• To load/unload deliveries or relocate on-site as directed including driving of FLT
• Ensure all delivery notes and despatch documentation are accurate and passed to the Supervisor immediately
• To pick, pack, bale or wrap product efficiently
• Ensure goods under your care are checked for quality and suitability
• Highlight any stock integrity issues
• Pass all completed and part completed orders to the Supervisor in line with agreed processes
• Observe all packaging procedures in place
• Ensure correct labels are used before despatch
• Work to personal and Company KPIs
• Observe all required Health and Safety requirements
• Assist with any other site duties including supporting operations manager
• Experience of working in a fast paced Warehouse environment
• Be organised, with effective communication skills including good spoken and written English skills
• Able to work on own initiative, take responsibility and prioritise tasks
• Ability to hit KPIs and targets without close supervision
• A willingness to assist colleagues when required and have a strong customer service mentality
• Looking for a career with the Company not just a warehouse job
Salary & Benefits:
• 40 hour week
• 28 days holiday
• Staff discounts on products
• Additional benefits after qualifying period
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We do not accept unsolicited candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.